BC School Accredited Distance Education Courses (Online Courses)
Facilitated by BC Certified Teachers, this program guides students in their registered online courses through a school district. Teachers ensure all materials are taught until a complete understanding of concepts is met and explain all assignments and materials in-depth so students can achieve successful grades. With consistent check-ins and assignment feedback, students can gain confidence in their academics and attain results that will help them with admission into universities.
Sometimes the pace in school could be faster or a teacher may not be the greatest fit. In these circumstances, students often choose to take the course online with a teacher that can teach and guide them at the student’s pace. As a result, students will gain full school credits that can be utilized for university admissions.
Online Course Experience:
- English 10-12
- Social Studies 10-12
- Chemistry 11-12
- Physics 11-12
- Biology 11-12
- Guided learning
- Detailed feedback and assistance with assignments
- Full credits provided by the BC School Ministry of Education
The assignments and exams required by the online school for the course.
Best fit for students who need:
- Guided teaching
- Consistent feedback
- The chance to revise and edit before final submission of assignments
- Self-paced learning
- GPA booster
Section 1: Introduction to Handstands
Section 2: Reference Material, Moodboards and Mind Mapping
Wrist StrengtheningWhile your wrists will certain get stronger from practice and grow accustomed to the stress of the skill, a basic amount of wrist strengthening exercises for several weeks can only help things. I’d recommend working wrist curls and reverse wrist curls for around 6-10 reps for 3 sets. I also strongly recommend trying some sledgehammer levering. Work in 2-3 sets of 3-5 reps. In particular, exercises 1 and 3 are fantastic for building wrist strength and they are much harder than they look! Start with them to get the hang of sledgehammer work before you progress to the other two exercises. I don’t want somebody putting a hole through their floor or their face because they rushed things!
Section 3: Sketching out Ideas
- The main objective to the sketching process is to generate super rough thumbnail sketches of what we feel best visually communicates the highlighted words from our mind maps.
- Take as much time as you need for this step — this might be 10 minutes or it might be 10 days.
- Personally, I like to work quickly and try not to analyze or elaborate too much.
- Now, that doesn't mean you should only create a handful of sketches.
- Even though this step only took a couple of hours, I was still able to put over 100 thumbnails on paper.
- The whole point of this process is to flush out the bad ideas and narrow down the good ones until we find that one layout that really speaks to us.
- Also, keep in mind the project brief and have your list in front of you as a reference to avoid getting sidetracked.
- Remember—detail is not needed. Simply flush out the bad ideas and find a great direction.
- Once I feel I have a good direction with the sketches, I'm now ready to take a quick photo with my phone and import it into Illustrator.
Section 4: Conclusions and Evaluation